Composite dental fillings are a great solution for addressing minor dental problems and are generally more appealing than metal fillings. Dentists traditionally used silver amalgams to fill in cavities but now realize the benefits of composite fillings. These benefits include:
- The composite bonds to your tooth and provides support for its structural integrity
- The material conforms to the shape of the cavity so there is not as much drilling
- It reduces the risk for future cracks, fractures or chips in your tooth
- The insulation of the composite protects your tooth from temperature changes in food and drink
- The material provides a better seal around the edges of the cavity, increasing prevention to further decay and leaks
- Composite fillings can treat cavities that are too small for amalgam
- The composite can be repaired or replaced without having to be removed from the tooth
- Lack of metals like silver and potential mercury is better for your overall health
- Composite dental fillings are enamel-colored, providing a perfectly natural appearance to fill out your smile.
If you have a cavity, come in to Bender Dental Care to receive a composite dental filling. Our dentist can carefully choose a composite that is closest to the color of your enamel. Your teeth will be reinforced and strengthened, while looking completely natural. Call 847-888-4334 today.